"The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium."
- Norbet Platt
"A writer is someone who can make a riddle out of an answer."
- Karl Krauss
Online Video Spend Tops 22% Growth in ‘09
Online Video Spend Tops $2.12B in 2008
Online video gross media spend totaled $2.12 billion in 2008, up 36% vs. 2007, and is forecast to continue double-digit increases through 2010 at a moderating rate, according to an industry-wide analytics report from AccuStream iMedia Research. The research report, “Online Video Media Spend
The research report, “Online Video Media Spend: 2003 - 2010,” calculates multiple ad sales components corresponding to annual growth from 2003 - 2010 by avail unit: Pre-roll (short and long-form execution), in-banner video, overlays, in-game, podcast, player display and skins.
Online Video had 22.5% Growth in ‘09
Additional findings from the research:
- Pre-roll inventory expanded by 12.6% in 2008.
- Accustream forecasts a 27% growth in pre-roll inventory in 2009 and 2010 because of offsite media exploitation, including video search, indexing, syndication (Hulu, VEOH etc.), content and player embeds and distributed content curation/syndication
- Onsite pre-roll inventory was capped in 2008, with average publisher/onsite insertion frequency, reduced by 13.7% during the year resulting in a 1.5 ratio
- Pre-roll averaged $25, and premium pre-roll avails averaged $35 in 2008.
- Ad network inventory (remnant, run-of-site) on average fell by 13.3% in 2008 to $13 because of aggressive pricing, particularly during end of month sales cycles.
- In-banner video impressions delivered grew by 65.4% in 2008 and are forecast to grow by 20% in 2009 and 17.5% in 2010.
- In-banner video impressions averaged $11, down 26.7% in 2008, with volume buyers either buying upfront, or going for scale and reach
- In banner platforms captured 79% of total media spend made against online video (excluding direct sales of pre-roll avails).
- Online video advertising networks, platforms and applications represented total inventory of 17.9 billion avails per month in 2008.
About the research: The research was conducted between August 2008 and early January 2009 and reported in an industry-wide analytics report from AccuStream iMedia Research.
About us ~
Contact Us ~
Press | Media Center
Copyright 2003-2030 Carolyn Allen
Solutions For Green is publisher of ...
Green Job Wizard Job training and certification directory ~
California Green Solutions Green business and community sustainability ~
Solutions for Green Directory of solutions....and a number of related consumer and B2B websites.